Wednesday, July 27, 2011

What a Week!!




This entry to my blog should have gone out weeks ago, but somehow, I felt like that the events that was happening was not ending yet. You will understand when I finish this entry and post it to my blog.

What a week for Frank and I. I thought that if I write about what or how Frank and I enjoyed our week, it might be interesting to read. Starting from Sunday to end on Saturday, but there again, as mention before, I don’t think it really ended with the week.

First, our week started off with nothing planned and nothing to do, but it turned out that we actually had something to do, especially with some events that was on the spur of the moment.

July 3, 2011: Our church has 3 different wards, and our ward goes to church from 1pm-4pm. For those who know the LDS church really well, the wards have a 3 hour block. Frank and I ended up being late to church, so needless to say, we missed sacrament meeting. But sacrament was pretty much fast and testimonies, so we did not miss much there. However, we did make it to the last two meetings of Sunday school, Relief Society for me and Priesthood for Frank. Frank and I are attending a family relations class which will be awesome. The class just got started, so it will be hard to explain right now. As the Sundays progress, I might explain what we have learned in the class.

July 4, 2011: Today started off really good. When Frank and I woke up, we had a pretty good breakfast, waffles, one egg, and homemade hash browns, with turkey sausage, red & green bell peppers and onions cooked with the hash browns. After Frank and I ate breakfast, we finished getting ready and went to watch the Layton July 4th, parade at 10 am. We decided to ditch the family for the day and just have it to ourselves. After the parade we went home and rested for a while and finished getting everything ready for a picnic. We went to the Layton Park, which was by the library. (The park has ducks and geese swimming in a lake or pond.) It’s a real nice park, because it also has a swimming pool and an Amp theater for concerts and activities. After we ate some food we waited a couple of hours, just sat around and did some reading, we took most of our things back to our car and instead of going home we stayed at the park and walked around. About 8pm their was concert happening, don’t remember the name, but it was an Orchestra band type, that played different music from movies; such as; Star Wars, Twilight Saga, Harry Potter, Phantom of the Opera, and other movies that were recent lately. Hard to remember all of them to name them from the top of the list, afterwards, about 9:45pm, Frank and I decide to go find a place that was close by our car to wait for the fireworks to start. (The fireworks were being set off at the Layton High School Football Field.) The fireworks started at 10pm and they were awesome. Frank and I had a fun day. We needed that time together, plus not to mention most of everything we did was free, did not have to spend a dime at all.

July 5th and 6th: These two days was relatively easy going, however, we found out on July 4th that Frank did receive a phone call from Sam’s Club and was hired. On July 5th Frank went to fill out paperwork and the next two days was orientation for him. Also on July 5th being that we were struggling a bit, we had to get some help from our church. We needed help with food, so we went into Kaysville, Utah, the church store warehouse and picked up our food order. Than afterwards for the rest of the day we spent time relaxing and did some laundry and cleaning our apartment. July 6th, was still an easy day. Frank went to his orientation and I stayed home cleaning the apartment, doing more laundry and reorganizing our dried food storage and trying to reorganize our second bedroom, so it can be used as a work room and not so much as a storage room. However, on this day I went to check the mail and an unsuspected surprise was in the mail. My visiting teachers, not just sent me a birthday card, but for my birthday, I received a $25.00 gift card to Apple Bee’s. I used the card that Wednesday night (July 6th.), mainly because I have not had the chance to clean my kitchen up and have not made dinner yet. Also, I have had the chance to call my niece up and wished her a happy birthday just as well. Two of my niece’s has their birthdays close to mine, Shannon is July 4th and Sarah E., is July 6th. So, I talked with Sarah E., on her birthday. To end the day, Frank and I used my birthday gift card and went to eat at Apple Bee’s.

July 7th, 2011: On this day was time spent running around town by paying bills and digging up information that I needed. I also had to get some items that I could not get at the church store warehouse, but what a way to spend a birthday, doing some type of work. I was out most of the whole day, so my housecleaning/work at home did not get done at all. By the time I was done with running around town, I arrived home around 3pm-3:15pm, just long enough to have about 2 hours before I had to go tl Frank’s parents house for dinner at 5:30pm. In between that time, I received a phone call from my adopted sister Marie. She called about 4pm, and we talked for an hour up to the time for me to go over to Mom and Dad McMurdie’s for dinner. Frank and I headed over for dinner; it was a birthday dinner for me. We had chicken, salad, baked potatoes, dinner rolls and watermelon. For dessert was cheese cake, but since I could not eat cheese cake, my mother-in-law (Mom McMurdie) had a fruit bar for me to eat. The dinner was wonderful and what made it really even special on this day, a few of my friends wished me a Happy Birthday on FaceBook (FB) and my older sister Suzanne called me today to also wish me a Happy Birthday and talked with me for a while.

July 8th, 2011: Today was also a wonderful day, and I think I might have begged for this day, but begging for this day was well worth it. The night before I received a message and a phone call from two of my friends, (Landon and Anna) to meet with them in Salt Lake City at 11:00am, they wanted to do a treat for me, for my birthday. (Will get to the treat soon.), I agreed, so on this day, I was going to drive into Salt Lake City, but I decided to do something and be adventuress. So, to save on Gas, for a round trip ticket for $6.50, I decided to ride the Front Runner. I parked the car at the depot and purchase the ticket and took the Front Runner into Salt Lake City. My friend Landon, came by to pick me up and my treat from Landon and Anna was lunch and a hair cut in which they paid for. I can’t remember the place we ate at for lunch, but I had Salmon and it was delicious. I didn’t get much time with Anna, because she was in a hurry and she had to go back to work, but for the time I had with her was wonderful. Anna; thanks for the card. The rest of the day I spend with Landon, after we ate lunch, Landon took me over to one of his friend’s place, who happens to do hair. The hair stylist name is David and he worked on my hair by cutting it and styling the way I wanted it. That was another birthday treat from Landon and Anna. David did an absolute wonderful job on my hair, now, even though I have to travel into Salt Lake City every two or three months, I have a new hair stylist (in which I have been searching for ever since I moved to Utah). Thanks ever so much David, it will be well worth the trip. After the haircut and style, last was that Landon helped me set something up on my phone, by using the internet and a database system/package, so I can do some work on my phone to earn extra money. I hope I can do well in earning/or bringing in money into mine and Frank’s household. Well as a result all good things must come to an end. After my adventure in Salt Lake City about around 4pm, I had to catch the Front Runner to return home. I almost did not want the day to end, it was almost like a fairy tale ending in a good way, but you would like for it to keep going, I was truly enjoying myself so much. I also felt like my time was short, but it was ling enough to where I should not complain to much. But another way to put how the day ended, I was pretty much on cloud nine.

July 9th, 2011: Her I am on a Saturday somewhat relaxing, but turning around and having to do hunting early in the morning. After I was done with my hunting this morning, I went home and just decided to relax and started some writing.

My birthday week ended on a really happy note. Frank keeps telling me that he has done nothing for my birthday, but he actually did do something for my birthday. He allowed me some time with my friends. So, again I am saying Thank You to those who made my birthday wishes come true.
Frank, Thank you for allowing me, to have the time with my friends, I do appreciate it very much and I love you for letting me have my friends. They are like family to me too.
Mom and Dad McMurdie, Thank you for helping Frank and I, a wonderful birthday dinner, the gift money and card and most of all; Thank you for being such wonderful parents.

Anna, even though I only was able to see you for a short time, Thank you for the card, lunch and treating me to a hair cut. Landon, Thank you for the same, for lunch and the hair cut, and most of all Thank you for showing me how to use the internet over the phone that pertains to use for a good purpose.

David A. Boyd, (using last name, because I have two other friends and a brother-in-law named David.), Thank you for a wonderful hair cut and style. Now not only do I have a new best friend, I also have a new hair stylist. I will continue to come to you all the time.

Last, I want to Thank all of my other friends and family who sent out birthday wishes on FB to my profile, I appreciate that you were thinking of me. Also, thank you, Marie and Suzanne, my two sisters for calling me on my birthday, I enjoyed talking to you ever so much, I miss the both of you. To end and even though I might have done some begging; and my birthday wishes happen before, on, or after my birthday it was well worth it.

Oh, one final touch and this is where I mention at the beginning that I felt like that something was not ending yet. Well my younger sister Leona and my mother sent me some birthday gifts, they were late, but I received some puzzles books, pot holders, and handmade scissors holder. Thank you Leona and Mom, and I know I mention to two people, that I would like to receive flowers from my husband Frank for my birthday; well better late than never, Frank bought me a bouquet of Daisy’s. Thank you Frank, I love them Daisy’s are my favorite flowers.

Well, now it is finally over, my birthday week and month has come to an end, I don’t think anymore surprises are going to be happening for the next few days. Sorry this was long, but things like this you cannot keep to yourself.

Love,
Sara M. M.

No comments:

Post a Comment