Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Holiday projects


It's that time of the year again. To where Thanksgiving and Christmas is aproaching soon and we always get caught up in our own little worlds and forget about our friends and sometimes our family. Last year I started a project on my blog, pertaining to Thanksgiving and Christmas. For Thanksgiving it was to find things that you are Thankful for. For Christmas finding Christmas memories that you did as a child and sharing them with everyone. This year I will ask the same thing. Here are the rules to this project; except I will change it up a little bit. Each day I will do some posting myself; prior to those who would like to participate in my project. For Thanksgiving: Up until Thanksgiving day; everyday post back on Facebook or if you make a comment back on my blog, mention each day what you are Thankful for and than after that write a part of the Thanksgiving history down. The history part does not have to be long; just a sentence or two. I will start first to get this started and hopefully everyone will join in. If you cannot make a comment back on my blog, post it on my wall on Facebook. (Instructions for Christmas will be after Thanksgiving).

The first of what I am Thankful for: After 13 years of being married to my wonderful husband (Frank McMurdie); I am thankful to still be married to Frank.

"The First Thanksging at Plymouth" After their first harvest, the Colonists of Plymouth held a celebration of food and feasting in the fall of 1621. Indian Chiefs Massassoit, Squanto and Samoset joined in the celebration with ninety of their men in the three-day event. This is said to be the first North American day of Thanksgiving. On October 3, 1863, President Abraham Lincoln issued a proclamation calling for the obervance of the fourth Tuesday as a national holiday. http://wiki.answers.com.

P.S. for the history part; you can cheat by using books; google search; and internet sites. Just be sure to put a reference at the end, so the rest of us wants to go to that reference we can do so.

Love always,
Sara M. M.

No comments:

Post a Comment