Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Spirit of Christmas part 4

There is another memory, that I remember around Christmas time. This may sound weird during the winter, but my mother would make snow ice cream for us to eat. We lived in Las Cruces, New Mexico and when it would snow during the winter, my sisters and I would gather the cleanest snow, as much as we could pack in a bowl. My mother would use or put vanilla, sugar, evaporated milk, and maybe some whipping cream and mixed in with the snow, and then we put in the freezer to let it set, and this would take a few hours for the ice cream to set, but when it was done, we got to eat snow ice cream and it was good. That was always the best
Christmas treat we ever had.

I am skipping the stories tonight, but will pick them back up tomorrow.

Love,

Sara McMurdie

1 comment:

  1. keep up with the Thomas Kinkade graphics. NICE.

    Although, eating snow off the ground is quite unsanitary, I believe it is part of everyones childhood, builds immunity and helps us connect with the changing seasons. Who doesn't have a great eating snow story??

    ReplyDelete