Friday, December 4, 2009

The Spirit of Christmas part 5

Before I begin with another memory from the past for Christmas. Someone made a comment that they liked the Thomas Kinkade pictures. I will do my best to put more Thomas Kinkade pictures on my blogs, but don't be surprise of other pictures come up too. Now to continue with another story from the past that deals with Christmas. I remember on a few Christmases that we spent sometimes in Las Cruces, New Mexico; there were times that we could not always make it over to Grandma and Grandpa Calkins place, mainly sometimes they would go to California to spend Christmas with Uncle Ken and his family. But, when we did spend Christmas in Las Cruces, New Mexico, I always remember my sisters and I would help decorate the tree. When it came to putting the tinsel on the tree, that was always our favorite part, especially when my sister Leona and I put the tinsel on the tree, we always felt that one side of the tree needed more tinsel then the other side of the tree, and my mother would tell us that we neeeded to even out the tree, we were using too much of the tinsel on one side of the tree. Well, mom had to fix it for us, but we still had fun decorating the tree.

Now to continue on with the stories.

"True meaning of Christmas" (continued)
Once again he reached into hsi bag and removed a WREATH and placed it on the tree. "Teach the children that the wreath symbolizes the real nature of love. Real love never ceases. Love is one continuous round of affection." He then pulled from his bag in ORNAMENT of himself. "Teach the children that I, Santa Claus, symbolize the generosity and good will we feel during the month of December." (to be continued tomorrow).

"The First Christmas" (continued)
High over the hills, on that joyous night, some shepherds were roused by a dazzling light. "Do not be afraid," an angel said, "I've come with good tidings God wants you to spread, Born on this night is a baby boy who'll bring peac on Earth, goodwill, and joy." When darkness returned and the shepherds were able, they left their sheep flocks and went to the stable. They knelt before Jesus and began to sing, "Praise be to God for our Savior, the King." Then they told Mary all they had heard, before they departed to spread the good word. (to be continued tomorrow).

Just a reminder, the stories that I am telling are not coming from me, they are coming from a book and what I found online. Again, I hope everyone is enjoying what I a putting on my blog.

Love,

Sara McMurdie

No comments:

Post a Comment