Monday, December 7, 2009

The Spirit of Christmas part 8

I do have more Christmas memories, but I am going to wait and skip them for tonight and the next couple of days. Right now I am going to jump right into my Christmas stories. The first one will be "A Christmas Carol, Retold from the story by Charles Dickens." The second story will be "The Night Before Christmas, Written by Clement C. Moore." If these two stories don't bring the spirit of Christmas back into your heart, then I don't know what else will. But, here it goes.

"A Christmas Carol" Retold from the story by Charles Dickens. One Christmas Eve, in old London town, Ebenezer Scrooge looked out with a frown. "Merry Christmas, Uncle!" called his cheery nephew. "Come join in our festive dinner, won't you?" "Bah, humbug," growled Scrooge, "to Christmas Day! What's merry about it? Now just go away!" Poor Cratchit, his clerk, who worked hard each day, asked Scrooge, "Is tomorrow a holiday?" "I suppose you will want me to pay you as well!" grumbled Scrooge, who was stingy as you can tell. Scrooge hate Christmas because he was greedy. He felt no pity for the poor and the needy. (to be continued tomorrow).

"A Night Before Christmas." Written by Clement C. Moore. Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse. The stockings were hung by the chimney with care, In hope that St. Nicholas soon would be there. The children were nestled all snug in their bed, While visions of sugarplums danced in their heads; And Mama in her kerchief and I in my cap, Had just settled down for a long winter's nap. When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter, I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter. Away to the window I flew like a flash, Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash. The moon on the breast of the new-fallen snow Gave luster of midday to objects below, When, what to my wondering eyes should appear, But a miniature sleigh and eight tiny reindeer. (to be continued tomorrow).

Love,

Sara McMurdie

1 comment:

  1. Sara,
    These stories are wonderful!
    Where did you find this version of A Christmas Carol? (what book) Thanks for giving us more of the true Christmas spirit!
    Sincerely,
    Lamar & Linsey
    lamarholley@me.com

    ReplyDelete